●ジャーナルAmerican AntiquityAmerican Journal of ArchaeologyAnnual Review of Anth.Current Anth.Journal of Anth. Arch.Journal of Arch. Method and TheoryJournal of Field ArchaeologyLatin American AntiquityWorld Arch.
●プロジェクトPachacamac Arch. ProjectYchsma ProjectCerro Baúl Arch. Project
●GIS関連SAN, PeruIGN, PeruUSGSESRIgeography network explorerArch. Interest GroupJournal of GIS in Arch.ERDAS IMAGINEGLCF (Landsat/DEM)NASA World WindGLOBALBASEKASHMIR 3DGIS考古学データベースNGA, EGM96 Geoid Calculator
●個人SHIMADA, IzumiBALKANSKY, AndrewSANDWEISS, DanALDENDERFER, MarkHAAS, JohnathanWILLIAMS, Patrick Ryanねこやま考古アコの後思案直感の考古学。カイエ
2007年 01月 07日
Faner Hall 3536, Department of Anthropology,
Southern Illinois University,
Carbondale IL 62901
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in truly scientific archaeological projects in Peru.
- Skilled in archaeological applications of Geographic Information Systems.
- 6-year experience in the software development and networking industry as a project leader, webmaster, sales and planning assistant, and programmer.
- Skilled in several computer languages, TCP/IP networking, and database management.
- Excellent reputation with customers as a competent, knowledgeable and helpful professional.
- Enjoy my work and consistently cheer my colleagues.
- Honest, reliable, and productive.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Ph.D., Anthropology - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, CARBONDALE, IL, USA, current
- M.A., Anthropology - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, CARBONDALE, IL, USA, 2005
- B.A., English Language - KANDA UNIVERSITY OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, JAPAN, 1995
- Complex societies in the Andes;
- Mortuary analysis; Role of religion in the course of establishment, development, and decline of society;
- Practical applications of Geographic Information System and remote sensing techniques into archaeological spatial analysis
- Society Memberships
Society for American Archaeology
Japan Society for Studies of the Ancient America
- 2001-2002 Committee on Public Information, Japan Society for Studies of the Ancient America
- Conference Papers
Rafael Segura, Izumi Shimada, and Go Matsumoto
2006 Living with the Dead: Conception and Treatment of the Dead at Pachacamac. Paper presented at the 34th Annual Midwest Conference on Andean and Amazonian Archaeology and Ethnohistory, February 25 - 26th, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
2005 Fill in the Gap between Theories and Our Reality: GIS-Based Digital Map Production of the Site of Pachacamac. Paper presented at the 38th Annual Chacmool Archaeological Conference, "Tools of the Trade: Methods, Techniques, and Innovative Approaches in Archaeology," November 10-13th, 2005, University of Calgary, Canada.
- Matsumoto, Go
(Manuscript Accepted) Fill in the Gap between Theory and Practice: Making GIS-based Digital Map of Pachacamac. In Tools of the Trade: Methods, Techniques, and Innovative Approaches in Archaeology. University of Calgary Press.
- Shimada, Izumi, Go Matsumoto, and Rafael Segura
2006 Kioku no nakano shisha to sono songen (The Dead in Memory and Their Veneration: A Perspective from the Excavation of the Cemetery in Front of the Pachacamac Temple). Chaski No. 33. Genjin-sha, Tokyo (ISBN: 4-925169-33-5 C1302).
- Matsumoto, Go
2005 Pachacamac GIS Project: A Practical Application of Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing Techniques in Andean Archaeology. MA Thesis, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
- Matsumoto, Go
1994 Kakujoshi "ni" to "de" no hikaku kousatsu: nipponjin no kukan ninshiki (A Comparative Study of Japanese Case Particles “ni” and “de”: Spatial Recognition and Identity of Japanese People). In Semantics Vol.3, edited by M. Tokunaga, pp.66-98. Kanda University of International Studies.
GRANTS & ASSISTANTSHIPS
- July - December 2006, Peru, Northern north coast: I spent 20 weeks to participate in the tomb excavations of Proyecto Arqueológico Sicán (PAS). Based on the data collected in this excavation, I will write my PhD dissertaton.
- July - September 2005, Peru, Central coast: I spent 7 weeks in Peru to participate in the third season of Proyecto Arqueológico Pachacamac (PAP). I was in charge of the excavation in the trench set up in front of the Templo de Pachacamac, which is thought to have been the most sacred temple in the site of Pachacamac.
- June - July 2004, Peru, Central coast: I spent 7 weeks in Peru to participate in the second season of PAP. I was in charge of digital mapping of the site and conducted a ground-truth checking and GCP measurements using a leading-edge GPS for refinement and further development of my prototype map that I prepared prior to the fieldwork.
- June - August 1999, Peru, Northern north coast: I spent 2 months in Peru participating in the archaeological excavation of the 1000-year old Middle Sicán multi-craft site of Huaca Sialúpe on the northern North Coast of Peru.
- January - May 2007, current, Graduate Assistant: Attendant of the Microcomputer Laboratory in the College of Education, SIUC.
- July - December 2006, Graduate Assistant: Tomb excavation at the religious/funerary precinct of Sicán in the middle La Leche valley, northern North Coast of Peru.
- August 2005 - May 2006, Graduate Assistant: Attendant of the Microcomputer Laboratory in the College of Education, SIUC.
- August 2004 - May 2005, Research Assistant: Digital site mapping of the "Oaxaca barrio" in Teotihuacan (3D) / Ceramic attribute and paste characterization study.
- January - May 2004, Research Assistant: Digital site mapping of Pachacamac, Peru.
- March 1994, Tokyo, Japan: I taught English in a practice teaching in Showa high school for two weeks.
SKILLS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2001-03 Networking Engineer SYSTECH software developer, Kanagawa, Japan
- 2000 Sales and Planning Assistant JORUDAN software developer, Tokyo, Japan
- 1995-98, 2000 Webmaster, Database Manager, and Programmer CYBERNECK software developer, Tokyo, Japan
- Designed, Installed, and maintained Inter/Intranet Networking System.
- Provided on-site troubleshooting including both hardware and software.
- Provided a regular consultation for security policy and system reinforcement.
- Developed new distribution outlets for an in-house package software.
- Prepared for global edition of the package software.
- Provided all technical supports for inauguration of website.
INTERNATIONAL TELECOM JAPAN INC. (http://www.itj.co.jp/, not available)
* before its merger with JAPAN TELECOM CO., LTD.
- Developed, installed, and maintained:
Road Ledger and Standard Land Evaluation System
Human Resources Database System
Manpower Management System etc.
- Supervised the database programming for a GIS project, "B-Site"
INFORMATION CENTER FOR BUILDING ADMINISTRATION
- March 2002 CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) 2.0
- March 1995 Type I teaching certificate for High school English teachers, Japan
- March 1995 Type I teaching certificate for Junior High school English teachers, Japan